Thursday, April 5, 2012

Round-up of My Latest Posts Around the Web

Figured I should update this blog since I've been posting more often for all of my writing gigs.

Here's a quick rundown of where I am right now in my journey towards becoming a professional scribe:





Now a Managing Editor at The Hockey Writers 


I've been busy over there, writing one column on the idiotic and sexist comments made by NBC hockey commentator Mike Milbury about Dan Bylsma and Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins

http://thehockeywriters.com/mike-milburys-comments-a-reminder-of-where-hockey-must-still-change/

Have another post up there now, which is more of a straight hockey piece rather than a focus on the politics of the sport. This one is about who I think should win the Vezina Trophy, given to the league's best goalie:

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-awards-handicapping-the-insanely-close-vezina-trophy-race/

Another quick note on The Hockey Writers: very early in the morning out east and late at night here in the west, the site eclipsed the 3,000,000 view plateau since our new counters launched in October of 2010. We are averaging about a million views every six months over that time frame, and we just had our biggest traffic day ever on Tuesday thanks in part to my Milbury piece. I'm very proud to be associated with this site, and it's only on to bigger and better things for us.

Currently a Columnist for The Golf Writers 


With The Masters coming up, I've been busy posting several pieces over there. Here's one of them on the membership policies of the club, and whether or not they should color our judgment of Augusta:

http://thegolfwriters.com/the-masters-should-augusta-be-judged-for-lack-of-female-members/

Also wrote a piece on one of the lesser known guys in the field this week. Randal Lewis is a 54-year old financial adviser from Michigan who qualified for The Masters by winning the US Mid-Amateur. It's an incredible story, and one worthy of praise in today's age of greedy athletes:

http://thegolfwriters.com/randal-lewis-the-guy-you-should-be-rooting-for-at-the-masters/

New role covering the Arizona Diamondbacks for Rant Sports 


To satisfy my hunger to cover baseball, I took on a role as the Diamondbacks guy for a website called Rant Sports. I've written several pieces there already (and will be responsible for seven a week. Yikes). Here was my second one, which was about whether the team can overcome the pressures of being a favorite in the NL West:

http://www.rantsports.com/arizona-diamondbacks/2012/04/03/can-the-arizona-diamondbacks-thrive-in-their-role-as-favorites/

I also did a post on my picks for the 2012 MLB season. Unfortunately, I picked my beloved Cubs to finish fifth in their division, but I think my objectivity should be praised, not scorned.

http://www.rantsports.com/arizona-diamondbacks/2012/04/04/let-the-games-begin-my-2012-mlb-predictions/

Alright. That's it for now. I'm hoping to get an actual post on here with political content of some sort in the next few days. Maybe I'll even do a post specific to how life is treating me out in Arizona. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment